OWN A HOME
Our houses are sold to home buyers who pay an affordable mortgage. Approved homeowners qualify for a monthly housing payment (mortgage, property tax, insurance, HOA fee if applicable) equal to 30% of their monthly income. Since, 1993, we have built 104 houses in Anchorage. Learn more about the process to own a home.
PROCESS TO BECOME A HOMEOWNER
Applicants must meet our income guidelines, have reasonable credit histories, a manageable level of debt and be willing and able to perform up to 600 hours of “sweat equity” to build their own houses. The entire process including the selection process, building of the house and sweat equity can take about two years.
Our selection process for interested applicants includes a review of financial status, job history, residency and other qualifications.
DO I QUALIFY TO PURCHASE A HABITAT HOUSE?
- I need a home. I do not own one now and have not owned one in the last 3 years or by the time I buy a Habitat house
- If I own a trailer or bare land, I would be willing to sell it
- I have been a resident of Anchorage, Alaska for at least 1 year
- My debts are low enough so that I can afford to pay them and a mortgage
- I have not declared bankruptcy in the last 3 years
- I pay my rent on time
- My household income is within the limits show on the chart given
- I have had a stable income for the last 12 months
- I would be willing to work 250 to 600 hours towards the construction of my house
Above are baseline requirements for applying for home-ownership with Habitat for Humanity Anchorage.
HOW TO APPLY
Habitat for Humanity Anchorage is currently looking for families and individuals to apply for homeownership. Habitat will be hosting a series of information sessions throughout the year. Please visit our here for new classes posted.
Below is a list of session dates/times that you can sign up for:
None at this time.
If you missed our information sessions, please complete the form below and this will put you on a list for the next round of information sessions.