Habitat for Humanity Anchorage presents the Gingerbread Showcase; a gingerbread house baking competition between amateur and professional bakers! The show will be featured at the 40th Annual Christmas Arts & Crafts Emporium, Saturday & Sunday, November 17-18th at the Dena’ina Center. The Christmas Arts & Crafts Emporium is Anchorage’s premier showcase for Alaskan artists and crafters to display and sell their products during the holiday season. Attendees at the event will have a chance to make a donation by voting for the best gingerbread creation.
The theme for our second show is “Winter Wonderland” If you are interested in participating in the Gingerbread Showcase, please register using the form below. We will contact you with the details. Please note, spots are limited.
Gingerbread Creation Criteria
- Creations must reside on a solid base that measures 61cm x 61 cm (24 inches x 24 inches) which is provided by Habitat for Humanity. Boards can be picked up anytime, Monday-Friday between 10:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Creations must be a minimum of 45 cm (18 inches) in height
- All components must be edible with the exception of the sheet of plywood on which your creation is built. Please note that pieces containing prohibited elements (non-edible) may be displayed but will not qualify for formal judging
- Each participant takes full responsibility for transporting their creation to the Dena’ina Center and for setting it up on a table which is provided by Habitat for Humanity. Creations need to be delivered to the Dena’ina Center by Friday, November 16th at 6:00pm.
Judging will take place on Sunday, November 18th at 3:00pm during the Christmas Arts & Craft Emporium. The judges will be looking for the following criteria in the creations:
- First impression
- Use of gingerbread
- Clearly interprets the theme
- Structural integrity
- Skill and technique
- Overall concept and design
- Originality and artistic merit
The theme for our first show is “Winter Wonderland” If you are interested in participating in the Gingerbread Showcase, please register using the form below. We will contact you with the details. Please note, spots are limited.