Cars for Homes FAQs
1) What kind of vehicles can be donated?
- Recreational vehicles
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment
2) How do I start the vehicle donation process?
- Call toll-free at 1-877-277-4344 or make your boat, truck, RV or car donation online.
- Provide the following information about the vehicle you wish to donate
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Current mileage
- Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
3) What if the vehicle is not running?
- Cars for Homes™ accepts any vehicle as long as it is whole and has four inflated tires (so it can be moved by our towing operators).
- In rare cases, Cars for Homes™ may be unable to accept a vehicle if the cost of transport and processing fees would exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
4) What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
- You will be given instructions for processing the vehicle's title. If the title cannot be located, assistance is available.
- Your donated car is then assigned for pickup and sale.
- Arrangements are then made to have the title processed.
- You will be contacted to coordinate the vehicle and key pickup by a licensed and insured member of the national network of contractors who work for Advanced Remarketing Services, Habitat for Humanity's authorized agent.
5) What happens after my vehicle is picked up?
- Your vehicle will be sold through a national network of diverse venues on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
- After the car has been sold, you will receive an acknowledgement letter thanking you for your support and providing the vehicle sale information. This letter may be used as a receipt for tax deduction purposes; additional tax documents will be provided when required by IRS regulations as a result of the sale value of the vehicle.