What is #GivingTuesday
Habitat for Humanity Anchorage is partnering with the national #GivingTuesday movement. #GivingTuesday is your chance to start the holiday season with the spirit of giving. On Tuesday, September 29, 2016, charities, businesses, students, and families all around the world come together for one common purpose: to share the spirit of giving.
Ways to Give
It’s easy. Here are a few ways you can be a part of the #GivingTuesday movement:
- Make a monetary donation to Habitat Anchorage!
- Join the conversation online by posting why you give using the hashtag #HabitatANC and #GivingTuesday on Facebook and Twitter
- Donate or shop for quality home improvement goods at our ReStore
- Sign up for a volunteer day!
- Tell you friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and everyone you know about #GivingTuesday
- Post you #UNselfie and tell us how you up-cycle by keeping items out of the landfills. TWO individuals will be chosen randomly to win a gift card to shop in the ReStore. Remember to hashtag #HabitatANC and #GivingTuesday
How do I #UNselfie?
The #UNselfie, or the selfless selfie, is a powerful way to show how you are giving and why giving is important to you.
- Take a “selfie” with a caption (or have it on a card in the picture) explaining how or why you and/or your friends are “giving” this year
- Always use the hashtags #UNselfie, #GivingTuesday and #HabitatANC
- Post it on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and share with friends!
- Use the #GivingTuesday social media toolkit to get started