Community Service Volunteers
Volunteers seeking to complete mandated Community Service hours for class, court or other reasons are welcome to complete these hours at our Habitat ReStore or on one of our construction sites.
While all of our volunteer opportunities are open to individuals seeking to complete hours, the timeframe required for the hours’ completion typically means that an individual will complete these hours at our Habitat ReStore.
Habitat for Humanity Anchorage will not accept court-ordered community service participants convicted for any of the following:
- Any form of theft, i.e. burglary, larceny, petty theft, coercion, fraud, forgery, etc.
- Any violent crime, i.e. assault, domestic violence, etc.
- Any convictions of an offense of a sexual nature.
This is not an exhaustive list and Habitat for Humanity Anchorage reserves the right to refuse any charges that conflict with the organization’s mission and vision.
Steps to Sign-Up for Community Service
- Sign Up for a mandatory orientation
- Check-in ReStore Mangement
- Complete all required paperwork
- Schedule shifts
- Serve with us!